For over forty years, the Sixth Street Melodrama and Theater has provided live entertainment to the Silver Valley.

In 1983, a dream of having summer entertainment became a reality when a small group brought live theater to our community.  Don and Joan Springer, along with Sherrill and Pat Grounds, were the founder.  Sherrill was the director and manager, and Pat wrote many of the scripts that depicted a miner's life around this area.  Don and Joan us their wonderful talents, joining Sherrill onstage.

When founded in 1983, the theater originally began on the lot where the Northern Pacific Depot Museum now resides.  Efforts to secure the Kelly Building were successful, and the theater location change in 1984. After several years in the building, several grants were secured, enabling the remodeling of the downstairs, changing the storefront, installing a furnace and painting both the inside and outside of the building.

Over the years, the theater has continued to upgrade the facility, adding air conditioning, a furnace upgrade, and renovations to the second floor area. 

Currently, the theater is doing some technological upgrades.  Through grants and fund-raising, the theater has purchased new speakers and a new soundboard.  They will also begin replacing the stage lights with more energy efficient LED lights.

The building has a very colorful past is the only wooden building that remined in the present day downtown area that wasn't destroyed by a fire that swept through Wallace in the 1890's.