BRINGING QUALITY THEATRICAL EXPERIENCES TO YOUR COMMUNITY!
What musical theatre song was last played on your playlist? Did you belt that eleven o’clock number out in your car? Your bedroom? In your head on the subway? We certainly have.
Singing show tunes at the top of our lungs is one of our favorite pastimes. So is pretending to be Éponine in Les Mis.. and Elphaba in Wicked…and The Witch in Into the Woods.
We’ve played those roles in our bedrooms countless times. All we needed was a stage. A chance. Someone to give us that chance to experience the magic of theatre.
You stumbled upon our website because you are a theatre-lover. So are we.
Who are we, exactly?
We are Royal Star Theatre (RST for short), and we are here to do what our tagline states: bring quality theatrical experiences to your community.
Have dreams of performing onstage? We’ve got you.
Interested in backstage crew work? We’d love to have you.
Are you a Director, Musical Director, or Choreographer looking to take on a new show? We’re already excited to work with you.
Are you looking to see a quality show without the Broadway prices? We’re here for you.
Do you want to bond with other theatre-lovers like yourself? You’ve come to the right place.
“I first worked with RST on The Wedding Singer in 2018 knowing one other person in the cast. I was quickly welcomed into the family and made many friends in the process. I continue to come back because my artistic contributions are valued and celebrated. It’s always a blast creating theatre with great friends!” — Dany Stravino, Performer/Member
What We Do
With community and connection at the heart of our mission, we give you and our neighbors in Jamaica Estates, Queens the chance to experience the magic of theatre right here in your backyard.
Royal Star Theatre sits in the heart of southern Queens, just a short subway ride from Manhattan. Our home is your home. We are big on making the theatre a place of comfort, encouragement, and creativity. A place where everyone is welcome, and everyone has a good time.
The nature of theatre is one of teamwork and dedication. We at Royal Star Theatre are here to build and be a part of something greater than ourselves. To give back to the community that welcomes us with open arms. To connect with and entertain audiences with stories of hope, passion, and perseverance.
The world can be a complicated and rollercoaster ride of a place. It is our calling to instill hope once again in your hearts. We do this through the wonderment the theatre radiates. Connection is at the core of theatre. That is where the magic lies.
“I have enjoyed Royal Star productions for years - the creativity, talent, and overall community that enjoys their shows together. Whether it be a traditional "book" show like "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" or a musical revue, such as their Valentine's Day special, I can always count on an enjoyable evening out with great music and acting. And I love the creative side of Royal Star - my Mom is still talking about the "Christmas Carol" radio show production from several years back. If you are looking for a fun evening out at the theater in Queens, you don't have to look far - Royal Star Theater fits the bill!” — S. Larkin, Enthusiastic Audience Member
Ready For Your Entrance?
We are a community theatre company in Queens, New York. The world’s borough is our home, and we are dedicated to enriching the lives of our fellow Queens residents.
Together we put the community in “community theatre.” Without you, there would be no Royal Star Theatre. Thank you for being a part of our family. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you are not part of our family yet, there are multiple ways for you to make your entrance. Here is a Role Breakdown.
- The Auditioner. (Gender and Age show-specific.) Audition for our community theatre productions! We love to give theatre-lovers like yourself the opportunity to live out their onstage dreams.
- The Creatives. (Any gender, Any age) We are always looking for talented and passionate creative team members for our shows. This includes Directors, Choreographers, Music Directors, Costume Designers, Lighting Designers, and Sound Technicians. Let’s put on a show together!
- The Crew Member. (Any gender, Any age) As part of our stage crew, you will have the opportunity to learn all of the things it takes to run a show smoothly. Pretty soon, you’ll be a wiz at backstage know-how. A show always needs its crew. It needs you, too.
- The Volunteer. (Any gender, Any age) As a volunteer, you will get an inside look at our productions, and a chance to see the shows free of charge. You will also have the opportunity to be involved with our productions in multiple ways throughout the year.
- The Patron. (Any gender, Any age) As a patron, your support will help us improve our community connection, our quality of shows, and more. As a thank you, you will be mentioned in our show programs, plus receive tickets to our performances!
- The Audience Member. (Any gender, Any age) You are what keeps the theatre alive! You keep Queens community theatre running. We hope to see you at our shows. Here’s a note: we love feedback. As an audience member, we take your feedback into consideration to improve our efforts. As a community-driven company, your voice is the most important one for our growth.
As a bonus, after filling any of the first four roles above, you will be considered an Active Member, and your voice is heard further with the ability to vote at our yearly General Meeting.
If any of these roles interest you, shoot us an email at [email protected] or send us a message on our social media profiles.
So, are you ready for your entrance?
The house lights are down, the stage lights are up, and we’re almost at places.
Before you make your entrance, we want to tell you a few more things before you become a part of our family:
Here is our official mission statement:
“Our mission is to provide quality theatrical experiences to all people, whether they be in the audience, on stage, or behind the scenes. We look to add value to the ICC of Jamaica Estates by involving its members while also attracting outside participants and audience members, thus enhancing the church's value to the community. We will work to harness and develop the artistic skills of all participants, while building friendships through creative collaboration. We believe in fostering the educational value of the theatrical experience, to develop the skills and imaginations of the youth. We commit to continually embrace new opportunities to make theater more accessible to all.”
Theatre is what makes our worlds go round, and we have to pay it forward. The magic of theatre is most powerful when it is fostered in the generations to come.
Like we’ve said before, we are all a part of something bigger than ourselves. Queens thrives on its diversity and arts. Queens community theatre and Royal Star Theatre thrive on connection and collaboration.
Want to collaborate with us? Send us a “Hey” at [email protected].
Royal Star Theatre has a home base at The Immaculate Conception Church in Jamaica Estates, Queens. We are located at 86-45 Edgerton Blvd Jamaica Estates, NY 11432.
As our mission states, we strive to bring value to the church and its surrounding community. With gracious and constant collaboration, we have enjoyed our relationship with ICC since our conception. It only goes up from here.
For Real This Time
Okay, now it’s time to get ready for your entrance!
Email us at [email protected] if you would like to get involved. We can’t wait to meet you!
Places! (Thank you, places!).